Blegh. It's incredible how one made up word can describe how someone is feeling!
So as the title of this post says, I can't sleep. You might be able to describe me as a bit of a nervous wreck right now, as I have to meet with my PO today. On that note, I want to extend a thanks to those of you who commented my last entry. I really appreciate the well-wishing you guys give, it helps a lot.
BUT...today is not going to be fun. I have to meet with the PO, go drop a UA, then work. Now the UA I'm not worried about, because I have nothing to hide. However, it does upset me a great deal that this officer makes me take them. I was not charged or convicted of a drug crime. I never have been. It's upsetting that every time she makes me drop, I literally piss away $18 into a cup, when I hardly ever have the $18 to begin with!!! But oh well, I suppose I must do what I have to do. I just think it's kinda strange for someone who was convicted of Harassment by Telephone to have to drop UA's...am I alone in that thinking?!
On a more positive note, I work tonight. Thank God! I know I've said it before, but I just have to say it again...I absolutely adore my co-workers, and I love my job. I realize that being a delivery driver for Pizza Hut isn't exactly a great career path, but while I'm young, I think it's awesome! :) But yea...I love it when I have to work...dealing with customers and people is something I've always enjoyed. I am thankful for my job!
AND...going even further on that 'positive note', Friday is payday, which means I can finally pay my car insurance up to current, so they'll stop sending me cancellation notices! Now as much as I love my car, I'm kinda jealous of my sister. Her insurance (granted, she is under my parents' policy), is only $108/month for full coverage! But, she also has a 4-door Ford Focus. Me on the other hand, I pay $160/month just for liability, but I suppose I kinda hurt myself when I decided to buy a Firebird. Oh well, it's a great deal of fun! I won't lie...it does feel good to be liberated from my parents in the since that I'm paying for a lot of things on my own, BUT at the same time it sucks. Welcome to adulthood, my parents say. Eh, oh well...once I finish college and get a decent job it'll be easier, right?! ;)
Now, story time! When I bought my Firebird in March, I was still using...a lot. I didn't have any money at all for anything...gas, insurance, tags, etc. I guess having these financial responsibilities that I have, is one thing that has helped me to stay clean. Monthly insurance payments, chipping in for my portion of the phone bill, credit card payments, maintaining two checking accounts with different banks...I just don't have the spare cash TO use anymore if I still WANTED to. Moral of the story-- With responsibility came sobriety. For that, I am thankful.
Take care, everyone.
Josh
Cancer Update
10 months ago

I'm coming back later....sorry I've missed your last couple of posts- I've just scanned through them and seen what's going on. I hope today goes ok. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteYou're on the right track. Stay there. It takes TIME and patience. But you will get there. With the exception of Lil Wayne and other famous people, I don't know any "successful" people who can seriously use drugs an stay on top of their success.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great, and I know any parent out here who reads your blog is very proud of you (including this one)!
Thank you for sharing!
As for the UA, it's like the time I wrecked my car IN THE GARAGE!!! What's the purpose of this??? It's time and money and NO REASON I can see. But there is one (sorry, no words of wisdom as to what it might be), just trust God that the road you take will make you the person your supposed to be.
sorry about all the typos above! lol life...
ReplyDeleteI hope it went well with the PO, I agree it seems very odd that you would have to do a UA for that charge, but they are becoming standard at a lot of places of employment these days so maybe its not that unusual?
ReplyDeleteIts great that you love your job. Its obvious you are a "people person" so its a good fit for you for now. Any ideas what you want to do longterm? I wish I could go back in time and choose to go to college or pursue something I was passionate about.
I believe insurance companies automatically charge males under 25 more than any other category because of statistics showing they have the most wrecks...so BE careful in your hot Firebird!
I like what you said about "with responsibility comes sobriety". I hope that's true of my son!
Josh, I left you a blog award as well :) God bless!
ReplyDelete