Saturday, November 28, 2009

Seatbelts

I've always thought seatbelt laws were stupid. I always figured, if someone wants to die in a tragic accident because they didn't want to wear their seatbelt, then let 'em. I think it's dumb that you can be ticketed for something that should totally be your choice. Why do I bring this up?

Yesterday I got pulled over by the Kansas Highway Patrol. The officer said he observed me not wearing my seatbelt. "Oh great", I thought. "He's gonna ticket me for it".

Sure enough, he did. $30 fine. I can handle that. But what's outrageous, is $86 court cost! $106 for not wearing my seatbelt?! STUPID!

I suppose, however, that this is nothing but a very expensive lesson. Wonderful.

BUT.....aside from that, yesterday was a good day! Got to hang out with a friend whom I haven't seen since April, and that was nice. Dad and Mom, I can assure you that Alex is turning his life around after the talks we had yesterday in my car, AND it was good to finally meet you guys in person :)

And today...damn! It's a BEAUTIFUL day outside...65 in KC today...I can deal with that. :)

Take care everyone, I'm off to work!
Josh

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess that's how the gov. makes $$$. I have mixed feelings about seatbelt, helmet, cell phone etc. laws. In fact, I think I will do a post on it write now.... thanks for the inspiration. I'll take a cheese with extra sauce (every time you mention work I crave pizza!)

    Very cool what you said about Alex!!! I think he's going to do really good just like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a daughter who (when pulled over) cries and rambles about being on her way to the emergency room to see a friend who is dying. This actually works. If you don't want to wear your seatbelt, try that. The other daughter just prays. This works too.

    ReplyDelete