One thing I found to aid in recovery is to stay focused on other things. Find a hobby and stick with it!
For me, it was work. I've always loved working. Since my freshman year of high school I have always been employed. Sure, I've changed jobs, but the thought of being employed and getting a steady paycheck is a great feeling. Presently I am a delivery driver for the Pizza Hut in my hometown. It's great. My co-workers all know exactly what I have been going through, and they have been awesome support. When you have to focus on a commitment, it makes it a lot harder to find time to use, in my opinion.
There was a time, however, that work was not enough, so I picked up a hobby- detailing cars for people. I've always loved cars. A lot. So what better way to occupy my time when I'm not working than to make them look good?!
It seems as though this entry is a lot shorter than most of my entries normally are, but I just wanted to update and continue to let everyone know that there is hope, so stay strong and don't give up! Now with that, I'm off to work, so take care everyone!
P.S- I hope everyone in the KC area enjoyed the beautiful day today!
Take care,
Josh
Cancer Update
11 months ago

Josh, ...all I can say is GOOD FOR YOU. I've heard several people say the same thing, staying busy is KEY to success. If I were closer I'd order a pizza so I could shake your hand (pineapple and Canadian bacon). I can't wait for the day my son has a job and knows the feeling of earning a paycheck.
ReplyDelete