The biggest weapon addiction has to hold us addicts in its grasp is the power to make us feel worthless. To make us feel as if we have nothing to live for...to make us feel so terrible and so worthless that we have no other option but to use.
Self-Worth is highly important. When I was using I felt lower than low, as if I was as important as a pile of dog shit. It was that feeling that was a key factor in drawing me back to using each and every time. Those of you that read this who have addicted loved ones need to stress to your addicted loved ones how important they are, and how much they mean to you. To hear words of encouragement is a major component in recovery.
I continue to wish all of you the best, and remind each and every one of you to never lose faith, and always keep up hope.
Take care,
Josh
Cancer Update
10 months ago

Hey, is that how your feeling today? I hope not. Care to elaborate? You're a special person. Hope your next post is a bit loner (trying to make you smile)
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't feel like that now. I hope you feel great for all the inspiration you are giving so many of us. You are truly a blessing :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I made the above comment there was no post, just a title. That's why I said what I said.
ReplyDeleteYour advice is something I am trying to do. Would you read my blog post from today? I'd value your input...
ReplyDeleteYou sound like my son, and you are helping me to understand my son's world of addiction.
Blessings.