Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Well...I Guess it was Bound to Happen

I lost my job today. Yep. The job that I loved so dearly...is gone. Not a good day. Why is it that everything bad seems to hit you all at once? I guess that is how things work sometimes, as much as we may not like it.

But, on the flipside, I had an interview about 20 minutes ago, and they asked me to come back for a second one tomorrow to tour the facilities. It's a job at a manufacturing plant here in De Soto. Not only does it pay twice as much as I was making at Pizza Hut, it also provides health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation. I'm looking forward to that, and keeping my fingers crossed that I get that job. Sure, it's going to be quite a change from what I'm used to working, but I can adapt pretty well, I think.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, everyone! I'm hoping and praying that things go well, because I cannot afford to be unemployed right now.

Take care,
Josh

6 comments:

  1. Wow Josh,...that's great !...obviously, meaning the interview. I will surely keep you in my prayers to get the new job.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fingers are crossed (except when typing) and I'm sending out prayers too. The new job would be GREAT. I think you will like any job because of your positive attitude. And yeah, you need a job right now for many reasons. Calling you back for a second interview is a great sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes things happen for a reason...here is to hoping this is one of those times. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing, sometimes, that when one door closes and another one opens. I hope that you will have good news to share with us. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you seen that Alex now has his own blog?

    http://alexworkingtobefree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete