Sunday, December 6, 2009

Alcohol, anyone?

Saturday night I made the stupid decision to self-medicate once again, but not with opiates or big pharma.

Honestly, I should be dead right now. In a period of 7 hours I consumed an entire bottle of Hypnotic, which is only 17% alcohol by volume, but for one person, a whole bottle is quite a bit. Then, on top of that, 14 double shots of banana schnapps. Why? I don't know. But I will say this...alcohol is the least of my worries, I think. Granted, none of it is good, but I feel it was better for me to drink than risk using opiates and spiraling down into that hole again.

It's going to be a rough holiday season.

Take care, everyone.
Josh

1 comment:

  1. One day at a time Josh, that is all you can do. One day does not make all your hard work go out the window, just pick yourself up and get back on the "wagon". I hope you have a support group of some sort to help you right now. Stay present.

    ReplyDelete