Monday, December 14, 2009

A New Direction

I have decided to take a new direction with my life. Today I am going to speak with a Navy recruiter.

I'm pretty stoked about it, too. I figure it will give me a new sense of meaning to my life. And hell, who knows, maybe I'll end up playing with the U.S Navy Band someday? :]

I think this will be a good change for me, and it will hopefully make my family see me as a different person...someone who is more responsible. My grandfather told me that when he enlisted in the Army in the 60's it was the best thing that ever happened with him. This is the change I need, I do believe.

This is a short post, I just figured I'd leave an update and remind everyone out there to never give up hope.

Take care, everyone!
Josh

5 comments:

  1. Way to go, I support this decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you for taking action in your own life to make yourself a brighter future. Please keep us up to date and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I know another young man that just enlisted and he's excited about the education he's going to get, etc. etc. It sounds fabulous to me. Also have a friend who loved it so much that he made it a career. He's seen the world and moved his way up and is very happy.

    Music will be with you wherever you go cause its IN you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh, if you need any specifics or advice on this,...I'd be more than happy to help w/ this,...in addition to what the recruiter tells you. My husband is a retired Marine Colonel (26 yr.s) and knows the ins and outs of the Navy well. This is a wonderful step that you're taking ! I'm VERY happy for your plan....you'll love the traveling, even though there is a lot of hard work as well. God bless you.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. With giant leaps like that,you're right, your family will begin to see you in a different light. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete