Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Foxes and the Highway

Well. This is a little different than anything I've put on here before, but I need to vent!!!

As I was driving along down the highway back home, I was in a little bit of a trance. Exhaustion was starting to get the better of me so I decided to put the cruise control on. Granted, I was going a little fast (90 in a 70), I figured it wouldn't really matter because not many people are on the road at 1:00 AM. (And I couldn't resist pushing all 8 of my car's cylinders to the limit!)

So anyways. I'm just driving, when all of a sudden, a little fox is just chillin' out in the roadway. I'm sure everyone can figure out where this is going. Long story short, by the time I realized there was an animal in front of me, it was too late. I smashed that poor fox. Barreled into it at 90 MPH. I feel guilty, of course...I love animals and I could never bring myself to harm one.

Once I got off the highway, I stopped at the gas station to fill up and I decided to check to see if there was any damage. My first thought was "Oh it was just a little fox...surely there won't be any noticeable damage". But of course...I was wrong!!! First, I've got a KU plate on the front of my car. That is now all twisted up and crappy looking. Second, a piece of trim on the bumper is now broken and looking like crap. Third, the paint where my car made impact with the poor fox is gone! Fourth, the bumper has become slightly separated from where it meets the front driver's side quarter panel. And fifth...dear Lord. I've got a nice chunk of fox hair just kinda hangin' out where some of the paint was.

BOOO. This sucks! Stupid animal shouldn't have been hanging out in the middle of the road! GRRRR. Oh well...I guess this would be a prime example of the phrase "Shit Happens" in action!

Have a wonderful day, everyone, and look out for small animals in the roadway!
Josh

3 comments:

  1. Big bummer. I'm sorry for you and the little fox. Hard to believe it caused that much damage!!! Just what you need right, car repairs and/or your car looking like crap.

    I hit a dog once, but it kept running so I guess I didn't hit it hard, but it still upsets me to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran over a cat, but was only going about 35 mph. I think it must've been someone's pet. I would imagine that when you hit a fox going 90mph, you're lucky you weren't killed. God must have a plan for your life - even if it isn't the armed forces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. slow down bro...

    recovery involves following the rules..

    we set ourselves up for stupid stuff and look for reasons to pick up. you know what i mean..

    this could have turned out different. think about it..

    its not about the Fox..

    you are loved
    brother frankie
    a biker for Christ

    ReplyDelete