*Sigh*
Today hasn't been so great and it's only 10:00 AM.
So far, since 7:00, I've been fighting with both of my sisters, my mom, my dad, and my sister's boyfriend. I'm emotionally and physically drained. I hate it. WHY CAN'T LIFE BE SIMPLE?!
:[
-Josh
Cancer Update
10 months ago

Josh...change the music...you can do that! You don't have to fight with them. Don't drive down that road, you can turn the car and go another way. You are in control, not depression, not Oxy, not alcohol. YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOU! I know you have the strength and the fortitude. You have to believe in yourself. Life can be as simple as you want it to be. Don't buy in to the drama.
ReplyDeleteStay present, in the very moment Josh. Do something today that brings you joy, true joy, some kind of hobby, or listen to some great music, write, whatever it may be. Enjoy every moment of the day, stat in the moment and let the rest float by like a river, just watch it all float down stream. You are strong and you have the control to take care of yourself in a healthy way. One minute at a time Josh....go to a meeting too. This too shall pass, always does.
ReplyDeleteI get depressed all the time, I think it's a part of life - somehow, eventually, the depression goes away and we make up with the people we were fighting with.
ReplyDeleteWhenever I try to quit smoking, my mind creates a fight with my husband - a fight ensues - and I am out driving to pick up cigarettes. Now I have justification to keep smoking . Just wanted to mention this in case your mind is trying to pull a fast one on you!
Like LisaC said - "Don't buy into the drama."
Like Mom of Opiate Addict said - "go to a meeting"
God bless.
Hi Josh! Lots of great wisdom up above. Try to be easy on yourself for a few days. I know that oxy's leave me in a cloud for a few days to a week- even after just one.
ReplyDeleteGive yourself permission to take an emotional break and let other's deal with their own stuff for a few days.
I agree that doing something positive for you is a good idea. Not every day can be THE best day, but you can find moments of joy even in dark times.
If you get the answer to "why can't life be simple?" let me know :)
ReplyDeleteI get depressed often and like Heather's Mom said, it always passes. So if you can hang on through it an know it won't last...it will be over.
I'm with Barbara: if you get the answer to that question, PLEASE POST IT! Seriously, sometimes it just doesn't make sense how so much can get so screwed up, so fast.
ReplyDeleteWhat really frosts me is when we're trying to do something nice for someone and it backfires. Example: My oldest daughter stopped in at her best friend's place to put dinner ingredients in a crock pot for her (best friend recently broke BOTH wrists) and then left it on low and went on to her class. They loved the dinner. She didn't love the ticket she found on the windshield for parking where she did, on street cleaning day.
Depression is one of my biggest enemies... On my black days, I just keep chanting "this too shall pass". It has to. Hopefully if you can find a way to spend some time doing healthy things that you enjoy, you will find that this emotionally/physically challenging time has passed while you weren't looking! Hang in there!
Hey, just read this post and it helped me today. http://aprincipledaalife.blogspot.com/2010/01/doing-deal.html
ReplyDeleteJUST FOR THIS MOMENT do the next right thing. Pulling for you.