Well 2009 has passed, and I feel like going over a brief review of my life last year.
January '09- Was using on a daily basis, and didn't really have any drive to get clean. I didn't care, I felt like I was invincible.
February '09- Got hired at the Bonner Springs Pizza Hut as a driver, and to me that was awesome, because I could use my tips every night to get high. Two weeks after starting there, I got fired when they caught me drinking on the job, so I went and applied at the Hut in my hometown where I continued to work and use my tips for dope.
March '09- The law came at me full-force. I was arrested and charged with three counts of felony criminal threat. My parents paid the bond but I was told I had a month to re-pay them so they could make the house payment.
April '09- I got clean. I didn't want to, but I didn't have a choice. After bonding out of jail I was placed on Bond Supervision and that came with random UA's. I sold my nice car that I loved so much to re-pay my parents for the bail money, and took what was left and bought the Firebird.
May '09 - July '09- I was in court almost weekly for the Criminal Threat garbage. I ended up taking a plea deal that reduced the charges to misdemeanor assault and got probation for a year.
August '09- Turned 19, moved to Coffeyville for school, got scared/nervous/depressed, and relapsed.
September '09- Driving up to KC from Coffeyville every other weekend to work at the Hut while working at the Hut down there during the week and going to school. Good month.
October '09- Got my scholarship pulled for missing too many classes and moved back home. Parents weren't happy.
November '09- Started this blog and found all of you cool people ;), and it has been a good support group. For that I am thankful!
December '09- Wrapped up 2009 with a night of music and mayhem! Had some fellow musicians over and we just shredded the final hours of 2009 away. Good ending to a not-so-good year.
I'm hoping that 2010 will bring better fortune for everyone struggling with various life issues. Remember to be strong, never give up hope, and good fortune will eventually come your way.
Stay strong, everyone!
Josh
Cancer Update
10 months ago

Here's to 2010....you are already starting it well. Take care.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you are connecting your decisions to the way your life works out. What a great way to start a new year. At one point in every year, everybody squares off with scared, nervous and depressed. I am looking forward to reading how you stood strong this year when those three emotions come knocking. I think you should make your last two sentences a bumper sticker.
ReplyDeleteJosh -
ReplyDeleteYou know you can do anything you set your mind to!!
Peace, love and happiness to you!!
Great way to start the new year! Shredding!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your year. Its great to see you off to such a strong start for 2010.
ReplyDeleteI have a quote just for you:
"Through literacy you can begin to see the universe. Through music you can reach anybody. Between the two there is you, unstoppable."
Any idea who said that? Hint: Old woman considered an icon in early rock and roll.
Wow! You lived a lot in that one year. I hope 2010 will bring you peace and time to pursue your interests with a clear head. Make 2010 about YOU!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes always :)
hmm your updates aren't coming up on my dashboard- that SUCKS! I will have to figure out wth is wrong. Glad I saw that you had more posts via LisaC's blog.... anyhoo reflection is important and it helps you see how far you come.
ReplyDeleteI hope 2010 is as big and positive a year for you as you can dream it!
I ran across your blog last night. I too am a recovering addict/alcoholic. I really admire your ability to be honest and real on your blog. My blog is fairly new but I hope you will stop by it. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI used to think that 12 steppers who said, 'just keep working a proram, doing the next right thing, and your HP will provide for you & show you the way,' were just being wishful. But I've really seen it work, for my boyfriend in NA and AA, and for myself in Al-Anon.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great new year, stay strong, and just keep doing the next right thing.