Last night sucked.
First, we were COMPLETELY dead at work, which is not so great for servers! Last Sunday I made out like a bandit. Last night, I barely made enough to pay for my portion of the phone bill.
IN ADDITION to that, my knee flared up, and this isn't like the "usual" flare-up I get when it starts to bother me. In most cases, it'll flare up, bother me for an hour or two, and go away. Not this time. It started giving me trouble about an hour before I got cut last night (about 7 PM). It is now 3:45 AM and giving me so much Hell I can't hardly handle the stairs to go up to my room.
This all means one thing- a trip to the doc in the morning, which I absolutely HATE going to the doc. DEFINITELY looking forward to that! AND my mum wants to take me out tomorrow evening after she gets off work to take pictures of me- she told me its been too long since she got some recent pics of me...about 4 years. The kicker is, she wants to take some of me with my car, but the car is FILTHY! And if my knee is still bothering me, it is NOT getting cleaned up.
I'm also pretty nervous about my financial state- it HAS gotten a little bit better now that I'm working again, BUT I am starting to think I got in a bit too far over my head with the car I bought. Sure, $180-ish a month isn't bad, but with insurance, it is.
OH THE AGGRAVATION!
BUT...there are some positives for this post, also!
-ALL of my legal fees/fines are paid down to the last dime, INCLUDING all of my traffic citations.
-I have no more outstanding legal issues staring me in the face, and I am ALMOST out of the woods (July 8th I get off probation).
-My grandfather is doing VERY well!
-I am clean and sober.
Hopefully all of you are feeling good fortune in some way, and I wish everyone a good week. :]
-Josh
Cancer Update
1 year ago

Your positives made my heart smile :) You've been working hard and paying off the legal fees has to feel great!
ReplyDeleteDon't sweat it about the car being filthy, just tell her the pictures will have to be without the car. Hate to do work when I don't have to!
Hope the knee is doing better today, or you gave in and went to the doctor.
Just keep doing the next right thing and everything else will follow.
God bless.
Josh. You are clean and sober. Nuff said.
ReplyDeleteKEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
Is that you in the new profile pic? Are you a chameleon or something? You always look so different (kind of like David Bowie in his early days - a man with many personas)
Thanks everyone! :]
ReplyDeleteAnd yes Barbara, that IS me...and you're right...it seems like I DO look different all the time!
But that picture is actually from either 2006 or 2007 when I refused to smile because I had braces haha...and thank you so much for the comparison to David Bowie...that is DEFINITELY an honor!!!
Wow Josh, the growth I have seen in you since you first started this blog is so inspiring and full of hope. The way you are working through things that life throws at you, looking at the positive in spite of the hard stuff...just great. Keep on keepin on;)
ReplyDeleteJosh - I'm fairly new to your blog, but it gives me such hope! You have accomplished sooooo much! When I look at what my daughter, Hayley, will be facing if she ever decides to 'cross back over', I get overwhelmed and don't think it's possible. But then I read about you, and your life, and how you're handling your responsibilities and making good on debt, legal issues, etc. - I am so uplifted! You have to feel really good about yourself, I hope! And remember - you ARE allowed to ask for help. We all need to at certain points in our lives. Keep up the good, hard work. It will keep you on your path of sobriety like nothing else. And know that you are admired by many - and we're all cheering for you! Peggy
ReplyDeleteJosh, you know it thrills me that your taste in music is so excellent :)
ReplyDeleteNo one in my family ever had to have braces. I never really thought about that until this moment!
Josh, I am grinning from ear to ear. You sound fantastic, you are excelling at the daily grind part of life (the work, the bills, insurance, etc). I'm so happy you're about to get done with probation - Yay.
ReplyDeleteBut best of all - you're clean and sober. That's huge, Huge, GINORMOUSLY GREAT!
Okay, shutting up now!
(Hugs and continued prayers!)
Great job, hope the knee gets better.
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled with your success! Take care of your knee; and generally dirt on a car doesn't show in pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could just clean a small section of the car, and that could be the part seen in the photo? :)
ReplyDeleteExcited for you that you are clean and sober another day!!!! Try not to worry about the rest; easier said than done, I know very well! But still, your recovery is happening, and that is what really matters!!