Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Long Hiatus?

Well it sure has been awhile since I posted here, hasn't it?

My hiatus can be explained in a very simple manner: violent relapse.

Since my last update, I've been in the emergency room twice, been arrested 3 times, been convicted of a felony, gone through a round of inpatient treatment, lost 2 jobs, and lost my car.

I'm now working my program again, and am happy to report that I am doing excellent. I'm going to meetings on a daily basis, and it's awesome.

The last few months have sucked ass, but things are looking up again, and I'm looking forward again and continuing on the road to recovery. I'm hoping that everyone who reads here is in good spirits and in a good place in all of your lives!

-Just for Today-
-josh-

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back on track and working a program again Josh. GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up, Josh. Every moment in recovery builds on the last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a heroin addict. I have been clean for five years now. But, at first my recovery was riddled with relapse and fuck ups. That is the nature of the beast. What I realized was that each time I relapsed, I had stayed clean a little longer, and in turn, I got clean again quicker...the spaces in between became farther and farther apart. Through the ups and downs, I learned something about myself each and every time. I learned my boundaries, and I learned my limits. I learned what happens when I used...just the one time! (Always turns to more...) I learned where I stood in this world, and I learned what ground was not safe for me to tread. These things are only learned through experience, and trial and error, if you will. Five years later, things are finally starting to fall in place for me. All my trouble with the law is long since gone, and I have found many of the pieces I lost through addiction. I have replaced a lot of the things I sold, wrecked, or simply lost. And life is good. Finally. I was in active addiction for more than ten years, but now I have been clean for five...It is worth it, Josh. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh:
    I'm new to your blog. One day at a time. Blessings to you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great....that you're on the right path again. I used to read your blog before, and wondered what happened. So glad to see you back. God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh you posted on your blog! I almost fainted :)

    Josh, one thing I have to say about you is that when you do something you do it BIG. You relapse big, but you also take recovery seriously and do that in a big way too.

    I am watching Keven actually WORK THE PROGRAM and its amazing to see the difference between working it and just sitting on your ass in meetings.

    Keep up the good work~~~~~!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to have you back!! Keep working it...it works if you work it!!! And you're more than worth it!!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will accrue it in mind, acceptance for administering the information. Accrue updating, analytic beat for added posts.
    Male Dysfunction Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this. I, too, understand what its like to be autiously optimistic...excited, but waiting to see how long it takes for someone to pull the rug out. I will be praying for you guys every day!
    rehab center Indy

    ReplyDelete